Data and Documents
Home » Work Permits » For Staff Agencies » Data and Documents
What Data and Documents will I need to provide to get a UK Work Permit?
From you as an agency, we will need
- Details of all recruitment efforts made on behalf of your client
- Details of responses to the above recruitment efforts
- Copies of any advertisements placed to find staff within the UK;
- Details of the Job Specification for the position
From the candidate we will need:
- References covering as much as possible of the last 5 years of the
candidate's employment. Unless the candidates have recognised shortage
skills, these references should usually be on Corporate headed writing
paper, must confirm the dates of your employment, and must state their
position. It is helpful to have references that detail the technical skills
the job(s) require. However, testimonials to character and competence are
generally not required.
If a candidate does not want to part with original
documents, it may be possible to submit notarised copies.
- Copies of the candidate’s tertiary (ie degree level and beyond) and
- A copy of any previous work permit that the candidate has held.
- Details of the candidate’s date of birth, nationality, education and
career (i.e. a CV).
If you have a blue chip client, the data we need from the
employer can usually be obtained during the course of a brief telephone call. If
your client is a relatively new company they will need to provide proof that
they are a genuine trading company with a need to employ an overseas national,
workpermit.com will be able to advise in greater detail once formally
What happens if I supply my client with a candidate who is
not allowed to work in the UK?